What you'll be doing...
The Network and Transformation Lead will program manage large Engineering (Network Build) programs including, but not limited to, End-to-End (site selection to activation) Small Cell Build Process optimization, Capital funding processes, Sourcing/Purchasing, Asset Management, and Logistics projects for the Network and Technology Organization. These projects are part of a larger portfolio including; hundreds of improvement projects aimed at achieving strategic and financial objectives across several work streams within the Network and Technology Organization. Total expected operating expense savings for the portfolio is four billion plus 500 million dollars over three years with these projects contributing in excess of five hundred and fifty million dollars along w over two billion dollars in Capital Expense efficiencies.
This individual will work with the Technology Planning team as well as the Engineering Team (Field and Headquarters) and the Global Supply Chain Team to identify areas of opportunity, prioritize projects, and successfully implement organizational, process, and systems changes required to reduce spend and inventory. This lead will also drive associated process simplification across the various Teams and ensure optimal organization structure. As part of the overall Team, this Lead will also drive Change Management and role model a successful culture for Transformation.
* Lead various initiatives across various Network and Technology and Global Supply Chain teams to successful completion.
* Initial focus area will be standardizing key engineering processes.
* Provide active and aggressive leadership on key projects designed to simplify processes, create efficient organizations, reduce expenses, and improve customer experience and Network service.
* Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
* Act as an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
* Provide management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
* Maintain accurate and thorough project documentation/record keeping
* Be a liaison between business units and operating teams on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Technical Discipline or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Network and Technology.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience creating and presenting presentations to all levels of an organization.
* Quantitative and analytical skills.
* Ability to focus on process and the customer experience.
* Experience of performance and trusted professional credibility.
* Experienced team leader with proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
* Ability to work up and across the organization, working with senior staff members and front line employees.
* Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
* Experience of handling confidential information appropriately.
* Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.