The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 4 to 5 Years
Under the general direction of the Manager of Infrastructure Services, the Network Analyst is responsible for supporting network and phone systems and services supporting business operations. This includes but is not limited to the connectivity at all S&C locations, connections between sites and datacenters, virtual private network connections, and phone system updates and changes. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills that are regularly exercised to communicate solutions to the appropriate business partners and leadership. This position will be responsible for keeping hands on experience in a range of technical disciplines, with familiarity of industry standards and best practices as an expectation of this role. This individual will be responsible for the overall health of network systems and services, and will work closely with the Manager of Infrastructure Services and other members of the Infrastructure Team to develop budgetary plans and strategies, and identify and execute network improvement opportunities.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide high quality support to internal customers. Work with teams and team members to provide our customers an excellent experience.
* Maintain, update, and replace networking systems equipment as needed.
* Understand and document budgetary requirements, solution methodologies, and common practices.
* Responsible for the documentation and diagraming of our environment.
* Install, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose networking related issues.
* Provide documentation, training resources and trainings for internal and external audiences.
* Document resolutions and assist with network tickets and projects.
* Follows standard departmental procedures and the instructions provided by supervisors.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
* 3-5 years of experience in an IT related field working with network and phone systems and services
* Experience with wireless networking and networking security
* Cisco CCNA Certification.
* Ability to implement network system projects in a diverse team environment.
* High aptitude for learning new technologies and strong critical thinking skills that will help to determine how these new technologies should be applied.
* Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting techniques for networking services in a manufacturing and R&D setting.
* Proven ability to exercise independent thinking, prioritization, and judgment to carry out duties in a timely manner.
* Strong interpersonal communication, written, and verbal skills.
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse global environment.
* Ability to make travel and lodging arrangements.
* Knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
* Previous experience or technical certifications in Cisco Security, Cisco Wireless, Microsoft Skype for Business, Websense, and Solarwinds.
* Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft server and network technologies.
* Familiarity with Cisco security products & technologies.
Number of Openings: 1.00
Employment Status: Exempt
Employment Classification: Full Time
Core Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution.
S&C's products help deliver electric power efficiently and reliably. Some are used to switch circuits. Others minimize damage to equipment in the event of a fault or reduce the area of an outage by automatically rerouting power flow; S&C's sophisticated power-quality products can deliver uninterrupted power for an entire facility, for crucial process industries.
In addition, S&C offers a wide range of engineering, laboratory, and testing services for electric utilities and commercial, industrial, and institutional power systems.
S&C provides solutions for customers worldwide. The company has engineering offices and manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Illinois; Franklin, Wisconsin; Alameda, California; Duvall, Washington; Rockville, Maryland; and Orlando, Florida. S&C subsidiaries operate in Toronto, Canada; Curitiba, Brazil; Mexico City and Aguascalientes, Mexico; Wales, United Kingdom; South Yarra, Australia; and Suzhou, China.
Thank you for your interest in S&C Electric Company. S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.