Leidos is seeking a LAN/WAN Network Administrator for the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The Network Administrator provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design. Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and office automation equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
* "Break/Fix" on all FS21 operational enterprise equipment and systems as directed by the AFSS NOC Ticketing System.
* Provide Software support within the facility and all systems within the facility in all aspects of daily LAN/WAN administrative support.
* Provide administrative Desktop installation and support , hardware & software
o MS Office 2016, Adobe, Nuance, McAfee Security applications, ePO and other software products used on the Administrative and Production networks
* Provide Administrative network operations support for all network components
o Cisco, HP, Dell
* Provide PBX moves, adds, & changes for the Avaya IP502 V2 PBX
* Provide Network and standalone printer support
* Provide Operational Systems support to production Flight Service Enterprise Network
o Includes all Production Desktop Workstations
o Includes all Production Network Components
o Includes all Production Telco interfaces and demarc points
o Includes all Production Servers and system components
* Responsible for all installed cabling and cable infrastructure within the facility to include installing new cabling
* Provide service and support for all other office automation equipment
* Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts working in the Network and Security Operations Center to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the AFSS enterprise networks
* Responsible for all Leidos Intranet backups within the facility
* Responsible for administering Leidos Intranet resources in other facilities around the US.
* Prepare weekly Inventory Asset Management Updates
* Typically requires Bachelors of Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* Harris SolaCom Digital Voice Communication Equipment experience.
* Must be familiar with all aspects of administering administrative domain resource activities and the processes ensuring a secure and viable internal Leidos Intranet network.
Desired Skills: Microsoft MCSE and a solid background in Desktop/Server/ & Network installation and Support 5+ Years of solid diverse LAN/WAN support to enterprise networks.
Work Schedule: Generally M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
Must: Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, Mon-Thur
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.