Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Network Administrator-Lab to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging team of experts within a state-of-the-art lab environment. The ideal candidate would be responsible for planning, designing and building enterprise network systems.
As the Network Administrator-Lab, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Researching, testing and implementing next-generation network technologies from inception to production.
* Building and implementing LAN/WAN network systems.
* Working with Branch simulations
* Overseeing key aspects of managing and supporting secured high-speed networks.
* Configuring network hardware: Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Nexus routers and switches
* Collaborate with vendors and engineers to drive the deployment throughout the project lifecycle and ensure proper solution delivery.
* Identify, diagnose, and resolve network-related service problems.
* Establish and implement network management policies and guidelines to ensure the maximum availability of the firm's network.
* Experience with processes like change management and project management
* Identify areas for improvement and development with the capability to implement industry best practices.
* Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
* CCNA or CCNP is highly desirable
Skills & Experiences:
You possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the following:
* Experience with Cisco routers and switches, as well as Dell, HP, and Arista switches.
* Knowledge of WAN and routing technologies such as QoS, MPLS, BGP, IGP, Spanning Tree, etc.
* Experience with Load balancing technologies: (F5, A10)
* Experience working with Wireshark
* Excellent understanding of DNS, DHCP
* Knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Korn and/or Bash
* Linux skills (Mellanox and SolarFlare cards)
* Background working with VMware, Ethernet technologies, Knowledge of VDI, trunking, multilayer switching, VLANs, Spanning Tree, etc.
* Ability to maintain and manage secured networks and knowledge of data networking principles.
* Have general knowledge of AWS, Azure, and Storage Technologies
* Good interpersonal skills like being a great teammate and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
* Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
* Highly motivated individual with the ability to work in an adaptable environment.
* Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
* Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
* Strong presentation and writing skills.
Our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.