Network Administrator II
Install, configure, and support the company's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems. Monitor network to ensure availability to all users. Perform necessary maintenance to mitigate vulnerabilities and support network availability.
* Install, configure, maintain, and trace/correct faults in network devices
* Install and configure network centric software, applications, or hardware.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
* Coordinate with vendor technical support.
* Perform firmware/software management of critical LAN/WAN software, hardware, and appliances
* Knowledge of subnet masking, TCP/IP, and various routing protocols
* Must be able to plan and schedule tasks and projects efficiently
* Monitor and respond to support queuing systems and monitoring/alerting systems
* Works under general supervision, providing solutions to technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
* Ensure network configuration and compliance standards are adhered to
* Provide support after-hours as needed.
Required Technical Knowledge
* Cisco Switch Experience
* Physical layer including Ethernet, T1/T3, Fiber Channel
* Support VPC, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, OSPF, VoIP, and BGP
* Knowledge of IPv4 subnet masking, TCP/IP, and various routing protocols
* IPv4 knowledge required and IPv6 knowledge a plus
* Network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, routing, switching
Desired Technical Knowledge
* Nexus 2k,5k,7k platforms
* Network applications including VoIP, video, encryption, content delivery.
* Fortinet Firewall Experience
* Telephony including PSTN, voice and video over IP.
* IP routing protocols including RIP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS
* Network security including firewalls, proxies, ACL, IPSec, SSL/TLS, IPS/IDS
* Familiarity with controller based wireless networking systems
* Hardware experience including Cisco, CheckPoint and Fortinet products
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years work experience as a hands-on network administrator
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) highly desired
* Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) certification a plus
* CompTIA SEC+ a plus
* Focusing for extended periods of time
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
* Occasional inspection of cabling in floors and ceilings
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as systems and peripherals
* Domestic and international travel will be required (up to 10%)
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: VB1845