Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Network Administrator I
This position is a hands-on role that requires a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts of networking. Technical expertise including networking, operating systems and security. Responsibilities include security tasks, including the day-to-day administration of network devices, network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewalls and load balancers.
What You'll Do
* Perform network administration, installation and configuration management on designated technology platforms, including OS's, host/network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
* Troubleshoot outages and restore system functionality.
* Work with other people inside he IT organization in a professional manner.
* Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
* Implement and monitor the enterprise program ensuring the security, integrity, privacy, and availability of information and systems.
* Communicate with resource owners and end users to increase their awareness of applicable policies and standards in a professional manner.
* Some weekend and after-hours support work may be required.
* Be part of an On-Call rotation when needed.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
* BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience
* Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Active TS/SCI Required.
* Ability to obtain DoD 8570 IAT II Compliant Certification within 3 months of start date if you do not already have one.
* Ability to obtain CI polygraph if you do not already have a current one.
* Familiarity with IP networking.
* Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper platforms preferred.
* Preference given to candidates with networking certifications.
* Experience with the following is preferred:
* Palo Alto firewalls
* F5 Big IP platforms
* Cisco Data Center technology
* Willingness to be a part of a team and learn.
* Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
* Work is performed in an office environment.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.