Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZENS
Clearance: Active TS Clearance with SCI eligibility
Time Type: Full-Time
Relocation Fees: No
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
NAVOI is seeking a Network Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of a new DevOps infrastructure and advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software and the design of infrastructure services required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
* Maintaining current knowledge of hardware and software applications.
* Conducting trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
* Developing high-quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
* The position will require shift work (nights and weekends).
* Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years).
* Must have Network Engineering experience including TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, and SNMP-based network management.
* Infrastructure-related certifications preferred such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC), Juniper Networks Certified Professional Security (JNCIP-SEC).
* Experience using network monitoring and automation tools for troubleshooting and task simplification.
* Technical understanding of cyber security attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.
* In-depth knowledge and advanced troubleshooting experience in regards to Layer 2 functionality and protocols in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
* Experience with troubleshooting and implementing Layer 3 routing protocols over a multi-site environment in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
* Experience troubleshooting and implementing VPN technologies.
* Experience implementing firewall based policies using Juniper firewalls.
* A degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
* Multiple Openings:
* Must have 2 years of professional experience.
* Must have 4 years of professional experience or 2 years with a Masters degree.
* Must have 6 years of professional experience or 4 years with a Masters degree or 2 years with PhD in a related discipline.
* Must have 8 years of professional experience or 6 years with a Masters degree or 4 years with PhD in a related discipline.