The Network Administrator is responsible for establishing, analyzing and maintain network performance throughout Shedd, and between our offsite managed services provider.
This individual is responsible for resolving all network-related user support issues, providing assistance, and recommending solutions to the user community.
In this position, multi-tasking is essential. The Network Administrator handles routine maintenance, installations, updates, upgrades and removals of network infrastructure; all while also serving as an active member and contributor to the rest of the technology team.
The Network Administrator assists in troubleshooting and resolving issues affecting the staff's ability to perform work requiring network connectivity, in conjunction with other Shedd staff. This individual will also contribute and assist in maintaining departmental records, and would assist with training the staff.
The Network Administrator is expected to be available for support on off hours, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate commitment to Shedd's vision, mission and values
* Establish networking environment by designing system configuration
* Directs system installation: defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Collaborate and partner with off-site storage and virtualization team to ensure the underlying network can support future growth and is secure.
* Collaborate and partner with off-site managed service vendor to ensure all network and security components are being monitored.
* Administer network connectivity with customers, partners and staff, using a variety of network connectivity methods.
* Assist users in resolving voice and data support issues
* Provide technical insight and utilize problem solving skills to support complex network issues
* Enforce systems standard and principles across all technical platforms
* Lend support and technical expertise to other members of the support and infrastructure teams
* Test and verify that proper procedures are in place to provide a high level of service to Shedd guests and employees
* Maintain a clean and organized work environment
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
* Equivalent combination of education, experience and training from which comparable skills have been acquired
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology, as a Network Administrator or similar.
* Must be proficient in networking topics, such as: Firewalls, TCP/IP, IP configuration, subnetting, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, WLAN, and other network protocols/architecture
* Must be proficient in Cisco IOS
* Strong familiarity with Microsoft Server (2008-2016), and configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft network infrastructure preferred
* Familiarity with Fortinet, Cisco FTD, or other NGFW preferred
* Familiarity with ExtremeNetworks/Zebra Wireless desired
* Must have strong customer service background, coupled with excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Must be able to maintain effective relationships with users at all levels
* Must be able to mentor junior staff
* Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment (not more than 60 pounds)
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.