Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) is an "eyes on glass" network support team, utilizing a variety of monitoring and troubleshooting tools to provide continuous, 24 X 7, first-level support of all Visa-managed Corporate and Commercial network environments to ensure network integrity and the expedient mitigation of network events or connectivity issues. GNOC is also responsible for proactively identifying potential issues within the infrastructure, and provide both internal and external network support for Visa networks, systems and applications, in addition to responsibility for the physical engineering and support of Visa facilities and lab environments.
This is an exempt position within a critical services operations environment, that provides first level network support. Staff are considered essential personnel and are required to work weekends and holiday as scheduled. The position consists of a two-week rotating schedule of 12 hour shifts, that may require overtime work as needed to cover staffing shortages or attend training.
As a member of GNOC, in the role of Network Administrator, you will have the primary responsibility for monitoring the Corporate and Commercial Visa network environments and providing first-level support in the isolation and mitigation of issues that may impact our clients, network environments or the Visa brand. You will have the additional responsibility of providing coverage and acting as the delegate during the absence of the GNOC Manager. The Network Administrator, as the Team Lead, must have the ability to work independently--lead, manage and be a point of contact for their team members in addition to acting as a liaison between GNOC and other internal groups. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication capabilities, customer service skills and strong technical and analytical capabilities in order to effectively manage and engage other personnel. A strong candidate for this position must also possess a good meter for the appropriate escalation to senior and executive management when necessary. .
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
* Track, update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem tickets via the Ask Now management system; ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
* Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
* Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures
* Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the timely resolution of incidents and problems
* Interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to excel as part of a team
* Able to use sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements
* Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through its resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels
* Support and advocacy for Visa clients that are comprised of consumers, businesses, financial institutions, internal groups and governments worldwide
* Ability to gather pertinent information and work with our clients to isolate and resolve the majority of events without need for assistance
* Ability to develop, edit and distribute effective internal and external communications in a timely and accurate manner, per documented processes
* Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training
* Support project schedules and change management
* Responsible for internal and external communication of issues to management and other internal support groups
* Internal and External Bridge Stewardship in support of the timely resolution of internal and client facing issues
* Required to work 12 hour, flexible shift schedule as detailed in the Job Description
* Basic knowledge of routing / switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS
* Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support the monitoring and response for client and Visa brand issues. The primary monitoring tools utilized are NetCool, Solarwinds, Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Netscout, Vantage and Ask Now/Service Now
* Required - Need to already possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL), or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
* Firewall experience
* MS Office suite proficiency
* Education/Professional Credentials
* Preferred - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.