International Education Corporation is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking an Network Administrator to join our team at our corporate offices located in Irvine CA. In this position you will be responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and support for the LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure. You will also participate in the definition and design of all aspects of networking such as switching, routing, load balancing, and firewall administration.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Key contributor to the technical team as it relates to complex infrastructure projects and associated service offerings.
* Provides technical guidance and direction to all Network Administrators.
* Provides counsel and leadership in future use of technology and business process improvements.
* Regularly instructs, directs, and assigns work to other team members, monitoring project status.
* Provide regular on-call support of the Network environment in various sites such as; headquarters, call centers, and Campuses
* Advanced expertise towards the installation, maintenance, security, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software for the IT infrastructure which includes development, production and disaster recovery environments.
* Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies and update existing infrastructure to ensure optimal network performance.
* Ability to analyze problems and manage solutions during testing and post-implementation
* Develop and implement technical operational procedures, standards, and templates with any existing and new technology.
* Support the conversion of a traditional and split data and voice network into a converged MPLS, QOS, and VoIP trunking technology.
* Write and maintain technical implementation documentation on existing services and systems.
* Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
* Lead and develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
* Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Certifications strongly preferred: Any mid-level/senior-level certificate from a major network manufacturer.
* Strong engineering and implementation skills especially around the Cisco (switches/routers), Extreme (switches), F5/Netscaler (load balancers), CloudGenix (SD-WAN), Extreme/Wing (Wireless) platforms and all its components.
* 5+ Years of Network Architecture, Design and Engineering experience for switches, routers and Firewalls as well as Network Administrator, Engineer for a large networked environment
* 5+ years' experience with TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols including both interior and exterior routing protocols and concepts, including OSPF, and BGP, GRE, IPSEC and other VPN technologies
* Extensive experience with designing and supporting high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments and experience with supporting secure enterprise wireless networks Extreme/Wing wireless preferred.
* Advanced knowledge supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure
* 5 years experience with configuration of firewalls and other network security infrastructure, specifically Palo Alto NGF
* Experience with Configuration, deployment, and management of network monitoring, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of network hardware and software components.
* Extensive knowledge of design and administrative experience with Microsoft Solutions, public cloud platforms preferably Microsoft Azure, and Amazon AWS.
* Experience with Backup, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery, Enterprise Load Balancers, preferably Netscalers and F5
* 3+ years' experience leading teams and projects
* Advanced knowledge and experience with Providing Level 3 support to Network Operations for all LAN/WAN issues, support/helpdesk systems with heavy emphasis on ITIL methodologies and change management.
* 5+ years' experience with telephony support, including experience with call center operations. Must have experience with enterprise grade voice systems, such as ShoreTel ECC. Cloud PBX solutions a benefit
* Outstanding and proven communication at all levels within an organization, project management, and organizational skills required.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with multi-factor authentication including SAML, 2-factor authentication, OAUTH, and LDAP.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students' lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!