Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP), a tier 1 manufacturer and distributor of products to the automotive aftermarket, is seeking for a Talented IT Network Administrator to join our Highly Experienced/Energetic Corporate IT team that offices from the Lewisville, TX office.
Maintain LAN/WAN environment by identifying network requirements; installing and configuring computer network equipment (e.g. thin clients, PCs, laptops, printers, tablets, wireless devices, etc.); identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems; consulting with clients and engineers to specify system requirements and design solutions; maintaining existing software and hardware and performing upgrades and patching for obsolete or out of compliance systems; inventory management and auditing; troubleshooting performance issues; and providing overall network administration support.
* 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, after hours support and some weekends.
* Provides 1st level incident and problem management support activities leveraging ticketing system. Investigates, diagnoses, and proactively takes prescribed actions on all networking events, alarms, and incidents
* Develops and maintains information about network topology, documentation, and configuration items and ensure accuracy and availability to others. This includes labeling network components with asset tags and tracking components locations, serial numbers, IP/MAC addresses and owners
* Implements complex network change requests
* Manages network performance, capacity and availability, through detailed analysis on a scheduled basis providing feedback to management including recommendations for remediation
* Recommends new technology and presents it to team members
* Assist with disaster recovery planning and testing
* Excellent verbal and written communications
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in IT related discipline
* 5+ years of Network Administrator experience
* MCSE/MCITP certificate preferred
* Must have a solid understanding of networking technologies and services such as switching/routing skills and WAN skills.
* Must be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues from WAN down to the desktop level.
* Active Directory Experience
* Preferred Experience with WIFI, Motorola/Zebra RF MC9190 series guns
* Preferred Citrix Experience
* Preferred Experience with MS Exchange, SAN Experience, EXSi VMWare
* Preferred PowerShell scripting experience