* This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) TS/SCI w CI Poly Clearance *
The Specialist I has a depth of knowledge within designated Information Technology (IT) area of responsibility that is applied to diverse assignments. This position may collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and company management in order to drive results. This role supports IT projects. This position may guide and share knowledge with other IT staff.
* Install and maintain network hardware and software. Analyze and isolate issues.
* Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems. Install and maintain network hardware and software.
* Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
* Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
* Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
* Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
* Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Security + Certification
Fluor Corporation is a multinational engineering and construction firm.