TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Network Administrator to join our team in the Plano, Texas area.
Job Description: The Network Administrator provides remote and on location technical support assistance to end users. Will receive and follow up on all open / unresolved tickets, respond and troubleshoot client's problems and concerns. Must be able to use their professional knowledge to resolve problems involving hardware and software issues. Must be able to use practical knowledge of operating system, application programs, and network topology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and / or remotely.
* Assists and performs field work as necessary.
* Log and prioritize user requests and track through to resolution.
* Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and corrects them as directed by documentation, or senior technicians / engineers.
* Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
* Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
* Assist in creating and maintaining desktop inventory including, but not limited to, location of hardware that may contain Protected Health Information.
* Facilitate and record transfer or movement of hardware that may or may not contain Protected Health Information.
* Maintain in stock inventory. Purchase required equipment.
* Create, maintain and educate end-users about "self-help" knowledge base to minimize helpdesk calls
* Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
Education: Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Familiar with Microsoft Windows AD environment which includes setup and maintenance.
* Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time with the potential for an extended stay away from home up to one week.
* Windows Server experience is strongly preferred for the role. CCNA is a huge plus.
* Practical knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN, RDP, and other network protocols.
* Familiar with business level router configuration. Knowledge in CISCO, NETGEAR, LINKSYS, and JUNIPER network equipment would be a plus.
* Good troubleshooting skills in fixing computer hardware and software issues.
* Two-year experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
* Two-year experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience with Networking and Cisco VOIP telephony systems.
* Proven Troubleshooting abilities for software and hardware issues.
* Superior documentation and communication skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
* Excellent customer service delivery skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Understanding of wireless networking, network monitoring, and IP routing
* Understanding of PCI compliance
* A+ Certification preferred
* Network +, MCP, MCSE, CCNA Certification
* 3 years' experience with Windows 2012 and Desktops/Laptops