The successful candidate will be part of a small IT team providing network administration and some direct-user support to the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe employees. There will also be occasional support and coordination with outlying offices. Position is responsible for performing a wide variety of installation, configuration, and upgrading of data network gear and related hardware/software in a LAN/WAN environment. Position provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure, as well as tier II support for network operations.
* Analyze, evaluate, use and configure network management applications for a multi-vendor enterprise data and voice network infrastructure.
* Responsible for configuration and upgrades to network management applications to ensure efficient and detailed monitoring and alerting of data and telephony network.
* Phone/email/fax consultation to troubleshoot and resolve data and telephony network related issues.
* Escalate systems and problems to appropriate internal resources and resolve in a timely basis.
* Accurately and completely document problems and solutions on case notes and bug reports.
* Utilize ongoing knowledge of supported management products to resolve issues and problems and ensure accurate information is communicated to IT team, management and users.
* Ensure reliable and consistent data network and telecommunications service delivery to customers within Snoqualmie Tribal government.
* Review and design of services including, but not limited to, network and systems monitoring and automated device configuration systems such as: DNS/DHCP.
* Assist in consultative role to facilitate the design of network and complete design reviews as needed.
* Create and present WAN and LAN designs for network infrastructure and specifications for individual devices and communications lines.
* Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Support local users at the Snoqualmie Campus and remote users in a few outlying buildings including local servers, networking and connectivity.
* Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support, and technical problem resolution.
* Analyze and resolve Tier II type network performance and failure issues related to OSI Layers 1-7 using network testing and management resources and tools.
* Prevent and resolve security issues using best practices and by upgrading/patching routers, switches, and other network technologies as needed.
* Remote support for VPN Users.
* Follow change management protocols and security procedures. Carefully document network environment keeping wiring diagrams, network maps, configuration information and disaster recovery documentation up-to-date.
* Will be responsible for some after hours on call shifts and utilize Tribe issued smartphone.
* Ensure service levels are being met with both internal and externally facing sites.
* Maintains up-to-date security software releases within our network and ensures appropriate backups are performed, monitored, and maintained for all servers and appropriate devices.
* Works well both individually and with a team and provide technical guidance related to networking and telecommunications.
* Ability to make sound technical decisions.
* Other duties to support Snoqualmie Tribe IT services at commensurate level will be assigned on an as needed basis.
* Education: Associates degree in computer science or related field.
* Experience: Five or more years with hands on Network Administrator/Engineering role with increasing responsibilities in designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise networks.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, Ethernet, PIM, DHCP, RADIUS, TACACS+, NTP, TFTP, Telnet, and SSH.
* Demonstrated experience in isolating and troubleshooting problems with LAN/WAN technologies TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, Layer 1, 2, 3 and 7 technologies and VPN solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems with firewalls, switches, VMWare networks and hardware, SAN, Office 365, Windows Server and Active Directory, and Unix/Linux systems.
* Demonstrated knowledge of routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
* Demonstrated knowledge of switching protocols: STP, HSRP, RSTP, 802.1Q and IGMP/CGMP.
* Demonstrated experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools (i.e. Wireshark, WildPackets or like protocol analyzer.
* Demonstrated knowledge of topologies: 10/100/1000/10gig, Ethernet, point-to-multipoint, mesh using copper, fiber, T1, DSL, 802.11 wireless, among others.
* Demonstrated experience with access lists, QOS policies, and Voice over IP (VoIP) using open standards/technologies such as H.323 or SIP.
* Demonstrated experience supporting multicast networks.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to quickly assess a situation and derive a solution in a timely fashion.
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing technology.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate at both a technical and inter-team level in clear, respectful manner.
* Ability to work as a productive member of professional team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
* Productivity tools proficiency; MS Office suite and Visio.
* Valid drivers' license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to relay information in non-technical terminology.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications except where specifically noted.
* Experience with SonicWALL NSA series, Dell Powerconnect.
* Demonstrated knowledge of implementation and administration of 802.1x technology.
* GIAC or Security+ preferred, CISSP/SSCP a plus.
* Working knowledge supporting of Windows desktop and server OS administration and support.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Domain Controllers, IIS, SQL, File & Print services, and backup systems, surveillance camera systems, etc.
* Working knowledge supporting VMWare servers and environment, networks and hardware, SAN and NAS storage, Office 365 environment, Windows Server and Active Directory, Unix and Linux systems.
* Excellent Script writing skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
* Must pass background check.
* Salary DOQ.
* Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance after 60 days employment.
* 401k retirement with employer matching contributions after 90 days employment.
* Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
* The 8-hour work shift includes a paid lunch hour.
* This is a salary position and employment is at-will.
Work generally takes place in an office environment within a controlled atmosphere building. Noise levels are typically low to moderate.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY
The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe follows the Tribal Hiring Preference as outlined in tribal policies, which allows hiring preference to qualified individuals that are enrolled in a federally recognized Indian tribe.
The Tribe has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Tribe reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Tribe may deem appropriate.