Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.
Raytheon IIS is seeking development-focused Network Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of a new DevOps infrastructure and advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The Network Administrator maintains smooth operation of voice and data networks. Plans, evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of cabling, hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of voice and data networks hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
* Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software and the design of infrastructure services required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
* Maintaining current knowledge of hardware and software applications.
* Conducting trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
* Developing high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
* Support 24x7 operations (Shift Work)
* A current Top Secret Clearance with SSBI in the last five years and must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Must have Network Engineering experience including TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, and SNMP-based network management
* Experience and technical expertise in all areas of voice and data networks hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
* Experience planning, evaluating, coordinating and performing installation and/or reconfiguration of cabling, hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
* Infrastructure-related certifications preferred such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC), Juniper Networks Certified Professional Security (JNCIP-SEC).
* Experience using network monitoring and automation tools for troubleshooting and task simplification.
* Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in regards to Layer 2 functionality and protocols in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
* Experience with troubleshooting and implementing Layer 3 routing protocols over a multi-site environment in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
* Experience troubleshooting and implementing VPN technologies.
* Experience implementing firewall based policies using Juniper firewalls.
Required Education (including Major):
* A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering or a related discipline is required with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
135297 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.