ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world's leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 18,000 people at 26 operations across the United States.
There is an immediate opportunity for an experienced Web & Windows Developer in our Information Technology Department. We are looking for an individual who is committed to contribute to the overall objectives of IT and the organization in a positive and proactive working environment. A successful candidate will have the ability to perform the entire Systems Development Life Cycle, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with representatives from various business departments. Responsibilities for the position include the following:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze business requirements, develop specifications and software to meet requirements, test, and provide production support
(working with business and IT contacts)
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge and experience in the full SDLC (System Design Life Cycle)
* Understand and have experience working with Commercial and Planning business areas
* Lead projects and teams as necessary
* Effectively communicate plans, status, design, etc. with co-workers, management, vendors, and business personnel, both verbally & in writing
* Develop/maintain solutions using Microsoft technologies
* Organize and prioritize work using effective time-management and decision-making skills
* Take direction from IT managers
* Adhere to ArcelorMittal standards for software development and change management
* Provide application support as required (sometimes this might require off-hour support)
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related degree
* Extensive experience, four (4) or more years in an actual work situation, with technical software development
* Microsoft web and windows development tools
* Understands online, mobile, and batch concepts. Fluent in best practices.
* Strong knowledge and experience, four (4) or more years, using full SDLC (System Design Life Cycle). Including gathering requirements, creating functional & technical specifications, programming, debugging, testing, implementing, maintaining projects
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Proven organization, prioritization, time-management, and decision-making skills
* Experience in leading projects with at least 2 other developers on the project
* Ability to present plans, status, ideas, concepts to groups
* Ability to develop, execute, and document test scripts
* Good knowledge of database design and performance concepts
* Experience with both new development and production support of existing applications
* Working knowledge of Web Services
* Proven analytical capabilities with strong debugging skills
* Self-motivated and driven
* Able to work in teams with people from diverse backgrounds, organizational functions and levels
* Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio)
* Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card holder
* Must have a valid US driver's license
* Master's degree or post-graduate degree in Information Technology or related degree
* Eight (8) or more years of experience web development in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in leading medium to large projects with at least 3 other developers on the project and that has required collaboration with other project teams
* Power BI, MS Office programming experience, SSAS.
* Experience using MS Visio and MS Project.
* Experience with SAP and/or SAP interfaces a plus.
* Familiarity of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
* Microsoft certifications in web &/or windows development.
* Experience with classic asp and VB 6
Typically Monday thru Friday 8:00AM - 5:00 PM with a one-hour lunch break. There is some limited flexibility with start and end times. Some occasional off hour and weekend support may be required.
Applicants must be willing to be tested on their technical and non-technical skills as part of the interview process.
ArcelorMittal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com, call 1-(312) 899-3097, or call ArcelorMittal Cleveland, Human Resources at (216) 429-6224 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.