We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
We are looking for a performance minded engineer to join our managed runtime performance team at Arm. As a member of the Infrastructure Line of Business, you will work to optimize code for .NET applications / Core. The position requires collaborating with the team based in Redmond to accelerate the adoption of ARM64 technology and open up new markets for Arm products. You'll need to have proven experience with scalable enterprise software solutions. A strong performance background in optimizing code for the underlying hardware platform (ARM64 ISA preferred), and creative thinking is highly desired.
What will I be accountable for?
* Applying your strong, hands-on performance engineering knowledge with the .NET framework to enrich the MS compiler teams.
* Working with VB / C# compiler(s) and suitable platform(s).
* Optimizing code for .NET/ coreCLR for ARM64 systems.
* Analyzing performance issues and working with Arm's managed runtime team so as to improve performance on ARM64 architectures.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* Knowledge of techniques to optimize code (ARM64 ISA preferred)
* Hands-on experience with the .NET framework / Core
* Working knowledge of C#/VB compiler and platform
* Familiarity with Data Center workloads and large scale .Net applications
* Must have experience with MS Cloud/Azure
* Capable of working both in teams and independently.
* High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
* Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
* Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
* Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Arm's Seattle office features staff mostly in the Marketing department to support the high tech industry in the area. Located in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle has a temperate climate that boasts cool, wet winters and warm, relatively dry summers, making it ideal for sailing, skiing, bicycling, camping and hiking year-round.
Seattle, WA USA
915 118th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA 98005
ARM Holdings designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.