Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world's largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
The .NET Developer is a member of a cross-functional web development team responsible for building enterprise level web applications using technologies including .NET and Sitecore. This developer is a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, managers, and clients. This developer has strong technical skills utilizing clean and solid programming techniques, web security practices, and design patterns. This developer should be committed to individually producing quality code as well as working on a team collectively committed to a producing a quality product.
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate designs, and implement specifications
* Build content driven enterprise level web applications, implementing user interfaces and back-end functionality for both the client and authoring experiences
* Integrate with third-party systems by building web services, providers, and designing APIs
* Write clean, well-organized code, following industry standard coding practices (SOLID) and security guidelines (OWASP)
* Create technical documentation around processes including deployments, solution audits, data and content migrations, and systems integrations
* Work in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations
* Write unit tests and apply other quality measures around performance, security, and scalability
* Occasionally creating specifications and solution diagrams
* Occasionally providing mentorship and coaching through code review with junior developers on project team
* Occasionally communicating complex technical project details to the client
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Able to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders
* Ability to maintain and foster a high level of communication and collaboration, aptitude for building consensus and compromise with your approach, and enthusiasm for introducing new concepts and processes
* Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards resolutions
* Ability to learn and master new technologies such as:
* Visual Studio, Sitecore, MongoDB, SQL Server, GIT, MVC, Apache Solr, nUnit/nSubstitute, Azure/AWS
Education & Experience:
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 3+ years of developing complex web applications
* Experience building dynamic websites using .NET and MVC
* Foundation in software engineering principles including object oriented programming, design patterns, and SOLID
* Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Company Values
* Take the Long View - Ensure the company is built to last
* Be Courageous - Make the right decisions even when they aren't the easiest decisions
* Be Genuine - Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
* Work with Focus + Passion - Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.
Velir is a full-service Digital Agency that designs and develops enterprise web solutions for experience-driven websites.