A career in our Innovation Development practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients create a guided path to innovation by developing the right methods that generate insight based ideas, and to select, produce and commercialise the most valuable and viable results. You'll focus on software driven innovation strategy, software technology diligence, operating model design, software product planning and management, and software architecture and cloud strategy.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) with at least 4 years of .NET development experience and at least 3 years of SQL experience.
CPA, Admission to the Bar OR one of the following: Enrolled Agent, PhD - Computer Science/Information Science or STEM Equivalent, Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean Black Belt/Master Black Belt, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Tester (CSTE), UX Certificate - Nielson Norman Group, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or equivalent institutional Data Science Program, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Utilizing established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to create software solutions using technologies such as; ASP, .NET, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, Java, C#, JQuery, and Entity Framework;
* Understanding of Object Orientated Programming and principles and the agile programming methodology;
* Utilizing Microsoft Application Life Cycle Management using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015-2017; and,
* Understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success assisting on client engagements or enterprise-wide projects and working in a fast paced, agile environment, including the following areas:
* Utilizing .NET MVC and Entity Framework Development and Design, Microsoft SQL Development Design and reviewing of the enterprise scale applications;
* Utilizing Microsoft TFS experience working in highly structured branched environment merging code from one branch to another;
* Working in an Agile process, planning work daily, resolving development blockers, and escalating issues appropriately;
* Helping teams scope development work items and managing time and quality targets within a sprint;
* Running scrum meetings, retrospective meetings, prioritizing and assigning work items and monitoring the progress;
* Reviewing designs and code deliverables to establish adherence to development standards and providing feedback/coaching to developers on areas for improvement;
* Working with vendor frameworks such as DevExpress or Kendo; and,
* Providing leadership across a team comprised of staff and vendor resources.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.