We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
As a Developer at United Airlines, you play an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. Your role will be to design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of Enterprise Content Management functions. By applying proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills you'll help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Developer is experienced and self-sufficient in performing their responsibilities and works well with other team members.
* Participate in the scrum development team as a senior developer doing .NET web development
* Work with peers to analyze technical design options and implement solutions that are efficient, scalable and meet the acceptance criteria
* Ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
* Write unit tests that fully cover all new code
* Write quality documentation at both the code and business level
* Collaborate with non-technical sponsors and stakeholders to understand their requirements, analyze potential solutions, and translate requirements into solid designs
* Develop, test, deploy and maintain scalable web application
* Maintain and enhance global marketing web/mobile utilizing SDL Tridion for dynamic content delivery
* Maintain/manage SDL Tridion Content Management System
* Manage web server configurations
* Manage application builds and deployments
* Ensure reliability of services built
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline * 2 or more years of experience in application design, development, installation and modification of software * 2 or more years of experience in software and WEB API development working with Microsoft .NET framework * Experience writing unit tests * Excellent written and oral communication skills * Demonstrated problem solving skills * Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries * Passion for software craftsmanship * Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship * Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification * Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Experience in building and supporting large scale enterprise content management system in SDL Tridion or equivalent CMS platform (Adobe, SiteCore ) * 5-7 years experience in software and WEB API development working with Microsoft .NET framework * SQL Server experience * Familiarity with Git * Familiarity with JIRA * Experience building micro services