What We'll Bring:
.Net and SQL Application Developer III
Do you have a passion for turning complex business processes into simple tasks for end users? Do you enjoy troubleshooting and enhancing web apps that seamlessly integrate with multiple data sources? Do you want to impact the future of healthcare? If so we currently have an opportunity in our Austin office for an .Net and SQL Developer versed in various Microsoft development technologies to join a high performing team developing products and services for our HealthCare division. Our work environment is relaxed, but we're serious about what we do, as we pride ourselves on innovation and open communication because at the end of the day it's our customers that matter the most.
What You'll Bring:
How You'll Contribute:
* Coding: A passion for building solutions that are simple for end users but implement complex business processes. Independently as well as in partnership with another developer, you will develop, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install software programs. Apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Participate in code walkthroughs.
* Testing: You will develop and maintain unit tests and provide top notch technical support to our client support staff.
* Analysis/Design: Analyze complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing programs/modules. Create technical designs. Make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do not meet desired specifications.
* Communication: Collaborate with other team members and product owners. Convey problems, solutions, updates, and project status to peers and management. Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation. Help train new team members as needed.
* Planning: Along with your team members, you will help prepare the technical plan and schedule to deliver on commitments requested of and made by the team.
* Production support: You will provide production support when an issues is too complex for tier 3 to handle.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Impact You'll Make:
What You'll Bring:
* Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred with 4+ years of systems/applications/database development experience, OR demonstrated ability to meet job requirements through a comparable number of years of technical work experience.
* Must have knowledge or experience using various Microsoft and web development technologies including but not limited to: ASP.Net, C#, MVC, WebForms, WebServices, Sql Server, T-SQL, HTML5, jQuery, Ajax, Angular, Kendo
* Must have strong knowledge of development in SQL Server - Well tuned stored procedures and T-SQL scripting, as well as experience working with large amounts of data.
* Must have strong experience of code management, code branching, code integration, release management, and test-driven-development to mentor and guide others in following those practices.
* Must have knowledge of various .Net development tools and products.
* Must have an understanding of agile software development, test driven development, and of development best practices.
* Must have strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to take partial or total ownership of solutions to complex problems or business processes and see the implementation to completion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Developer, Applications Programming
TransUnion is a risk and information solutions provider to businesses and consumers.