This is a Senior Principal Software Engineer position for the Integrated Capabilities team within the Navigation and Data Processing department. In this position, you will be applying your knowledge and experience to develop software on a program which has just completed aspects of a major design review and will be implementing additional features. Primary languages used are Java, C, and C++.
Responsibilities may include re-architecting and refactoring a significant amount of code as the product evolves. This long-term program is composed of a small, close knit group that interacts with an intimate customer team.
The opportunity within this program requires a strong software development background but allows the individual who has broader interests to become involved and deployed within different facets of the program including analysis, lab work, and project management. There are many opportunities to for a variety of work with various different skill sets. Previous experience working in a closed/classified environment is required. Experience with Java, Embedded C/C++, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VxWorks is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a strong Java and C++ based individual who is interested in applying himself/herself whole-heartedly into a program to create a significant impact and drive future development. This top secret cleared individual is looking for stability in a career path and is not afraid to take on challenges within a unique working environment, utilizing their attention to detail to drive rigor into products in a team-oriented environment.
* 10+ of engineering experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related STEM degree
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience in Java, C, C++, Real Time Embedded Systems
* Experience with VxWorks, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Eclipse
* Experience with Windows & Unix development
* Experience and interest in Sensor or RF based domain
* Analysis, signal processing, or mathematic background
* Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
* Interest in long term participation on a team to become a critical asset/subject matter expert for the program
* Familiarity or experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Attention to detail to ensure high first time quality products are generated
* Knowledge of and experience with Agile Development methodology/FOSS
139595BR 139595 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.