Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is seeking a VoIP Network Engineer to join their team at Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.NCIS is one of several DoD criminal investigative and intelligence organizations headquartered together at the Russell-Knox Building (RKB) aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA. Known collectively as Military Department Investigation Agencies (MDIA), the individual organizations include NCIS, Defense Security Service (DSS), Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID), and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).The five MDIAs have agreed to pursue opportunities for commonalities and efficiencies in the management and delivery of IT services across the collocated organizations. As a result, a new entity was created with that mission in mind. The Information Technology Common Services Unit (ITCSU) executes its shared services mission through the auspices of NCIS' executive leadership.
As the VoIP Engineer, you will:
* Perform day-to-day activities required to manage Voice services, such as design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex VOIP issues Perform testing, provision, operations and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations• Oversee and manages the deployment of upgrades to existing voice, video and other related systems in a multi-location environment• Manage all components of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager• Ensures all required operational and support documents are current and up-to-date• Work continuously on improving relevant systems, applications, and infrastructure, and processes• Maintain a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in cloud service and other data center technologies
* Analyze and isolate VOIP issues with a demonstrated hands-on experience maintaining the following VOIP systems: Cisco Call Manager 8.6 and 10.5, Cisco Unity, Cisco IM & Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, ASA Firewalls, SIP H.323, and PSTN• Provisioning customer VOIP features on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager and troubleshooting• Tier 2/3 troubleshooting and assisting tier 1 to include training
Bachelor's degree in a technical area; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
* Bachelor's degree in a technical area; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
* Experience with cable management and patching with Ethernet and analog phones
* Knowledge of Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) or Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)
* 5+ years of experience designing, building and/or maintaining communications systems
* 2+ years current experience with Cisco UCS
* Experience with engineering datacenter and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment -- including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media
* DoD 8570 - IAT Level II (ex. Security+) and CCNA
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance; must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
* CASP highly preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.