We currently have an opening for a Communications/ NAVMACS Subject Matter Expert opening in the San Diego, CA area. Atlas Technologies, a rapidly-expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly-motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals.
Essential duties functions and areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
* Providing In-Service Engineering Agent remote and on-site technical support to troubleshoot reported hardware/software issues on all SMS/TMS systems
* Performing System Operation Verification Testing (SOVT) of Tactical Message System installations
* Performing field changes on existing SMS/TMS systems
* Installing and configuring NAVMACS II v2.3.x and 3.x software on all SMS/TMS systems
* Teaching system administrators and users through both formal (classroom-based) and informal (on-the-job) training sessions
* Troubleshooting basic layer-2 and layer-3 network connectivity
* Validating SMTP communication, including Microsoft Exchange Send/Receive Connectors and PKI signing/encrypting
* Validating circuit operations, including basic troubleshooting of devices along the entire communication path
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must possess and be able to maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Level Security Clearance
* Strong customer relations, documentation and oral communication skills
* Self-motivated and detail oriented, with a strong work ethic and commitment to quality
* Able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
* 8+ years' proven experience directly related to essential duties
* Highly desired: currently hold at least ONE security related certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.) PLUS one OS related certification (Linux+, CCNA, etc.). If not held, qualified candidates must be able to obtain first certification within six months.
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or protected veteran status. Visit our