Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242026
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Other Locations: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-California-Hayward, United States-California-Cypress, United States-California-San Diego, United States-New Jersey-Florham Park, United States-Minnesota-Shoreview, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-New York-Rochester, United States-Massachusetts-Canton, United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose, United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, United States-Missouri-Saint Louis, United States-Georgia-Norcross, United States-Oregon-Beaverton, United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States-Maryland-Beltsville, United States-Connecticut-Cromwell, United States-Michigan-Plymouth, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Colorado-Littleton, United States-Virginia-Norfolk, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Florida-Miramar, United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direct support for the planning, direction and execution for complex software centric security projects.
Technical Integration Development:
* Support and guide field delivery teams for current and future business operations technical needs through the effective and innovative use of IT applications.
* Evaluate needs and upgrades of Operating Systems, Database Servers and other applications from software vendors and plan application interrogations, migrations for upgrades, identify modifications that are required in upgrade and prepare appropriate testing plan.
* Plan and moderate regular meetings with departments or project teams to establish project priorities and plan project technical deliverables.
* Oversee the definition and documentation of all system requirements associated with new application projects.
* Assist project managers in the planning of projects including the identification of tasks, estimation of effort, and the allocation of managed resources and ensure that project tracking systems are kept current with actual progress and changes in scope.
* Ensure that test plans are developed and performed and secure user approval before releasing software / integration to production
* Manage overall analysis and design of integration solutions to meet business requirements.
* Provide leadership in continuous process improvement within integrated application. Development areas of application design, development, and implementation
* Work with project team in defining implementation tasks, prepare time and cost estimates, review requirements to ensure the project is adequately defined and provide technical advice and guidance to project managers.
* Work in identifying testing platforms and infrastructure requirements for deploying new applications
* Provide support and expertise for integration technologies and processes.
* Network Design Support
* Develop interfaces (SDK/API) new and legacy systems.
* Provide pre and post sale support of assigned projects.
* Coordinate with customers' IT Departments on the integration of network devices
30% travel required for position
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
* 6+ years of experience developing and implementing large-scale enterprise systems.
* Strong communication skills - written and oral
* High level of proficiency in ACS, Intrusion detection, IP Video, and Video Analytics products and concepts.
* High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Comprehensive understanding of the project management life cycle is required.
* Expertise managing applications through the full systems development life cycle
* Presentation skills / Customer focus
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
Siemens Security Products - SiPass, Siveillance VMS, Viewpoint, Vantage, Identity, Desigo CC, Desigo MNS
Industry Security Products - Software House CCure 800/9000, Genetec Security Center, Lenel, Milestone
Technology - Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS, or greater) Windows Server & SQL - architecture and administration, Linux OS, Active Directory, Cisco network products, VMWare, Stratus.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.