At Anaplan, we are looking for a SENIOR MYSQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ in the city-by-the-bay, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Global Technical Operations group located across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK. This is an opportunity for you to work for one of the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology.
Are you self-motivated, able to work well independently, as well as capable of team collaboration during software releases? As a Database Administrator you will have hands-on experience with MySQL Server 5.7 or above with production support for a 24x7 operation. You will have direct experience with on-call troubleshooting for database related issues. Having experience with the management and implementation of database upgrades and migrations will be vital to this role. This is a rewarding, progressive career opportunity with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
Located in the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like. You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun and we inspire each other!
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Primary focus will be on our MySQL databases running on our production cloud platform
* Design, implement, manage and support Anaplan's worldwide production and development databases
* Ensure our production databases have minimal downtime and are tuned for optimal performance and response time
* Responsible for performing security and maintenance releases
* Work closely with a team of developers to define and evolve our data model, support application development, and data analytics
More about you:
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 5-7 years as MySQL production DBA including experience with design, implementation, backup and recovery, monitoring, and performance tuning
* Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, or Bash
* Experience with 24x7 support and troubleshooting production related database issues
* 2 years of experience managing databases in virtual and cloud environments (AWS Redshift, VMware, RDS, EC2)
* Experience with cloud based services related to database administration (Splunk, Rightscale, Cloudwatch, DataDog, Nagios, Monyog)
* Experience with managing the full life-cycle of database schema design and implementation, which includes script management from development through production releases
* Experience with establishing and implementing database security and backup retention policies
* Experience with scaling up and out (e.g. sharding based on specific keys) databases to meet the needs of increased storage and computing capacity
Technologies you'll work with:
* Configuration management experience using Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to interact with many levels of Engineering teams
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meet-ups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* The chance to contribute and evolve a company with a valuation over $1.4 billion
* Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.