Requisition Number: 154746
Position Title: DB Engineer
MySQL Database Administrator
We are EA
And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The MySQL Database Administrator will provide full support required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely solutions and services that meet EA's business needs with a focus on the Online IT line of business. The MySQL DBA's primary focus is to assist in design, optimize, implement and support all aspects of EA's Online MySQL databases. The DBA will also play an important role in automating day-to-day activities and maintain the accuracy of DB inventory.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to support the premiere online architecture for EA games. We want creative, committed and communicative people who want to be part of developing the best platform for some of the industry's most talented game teams. We encourage our employees to be involved and have a strong go-ahead spirit. In return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, true influence and a flat hierarchy.
What a Database Administrator does at EA:
* Actively assist in Game launches by ensuring Operational Readiness and performance optimization of EA's databases and related infrastructure.
* Actively coordinate with Infrastructure and Game Teams during incident resolutions.
* Ensure quality and consistency of design, development (if applicable), testing, and integration testing cycles and deliverables, adhering to Architecture, PMO, and compliance guidelines.
* Collaborates with other engineers to implement guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
* Drives continuous improvement of Delivery and Support standards. And ensures that all processes and procedures are fully documented, kept up to date and properly socialized.
* Usage of various MySQL & Percona tools for troubleshooting, monitoring, Backup & recovery, Replication and HA setup.
* On-call rotation is required to support a 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support a global delivery.
The next great EA Database Administrator also needs:
* Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* 3 to 8 years of total IT and Database Administration experience with at least 2+ years in developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and supporting MySQL instances in a high volume transactional environment with critical uptime requirements for a business providing 24/7 SaaS and/or e-commerce solutions.
* Must have configured and managed online backup technologies in MySQL and ensure disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation).
* Knowledge of any NoSQL DB technology such as Cassandra, Mongo is a big plus.
* Software development experience OR System Administration experience is a big plus.
* Proficiency in working with AWS Technologies or in other Cloud offerings is a big plus.
* Experience working in a DevOps model with such technologies as Gitlab, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes etc. is a big plus.
* Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cost efficiently in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
* Strong experience with programming in either Python, Ruby, PERL or Shell scripting is essential.
* Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
Don't Just Play It - Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: MySQL Database Administrator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-22 20:52:57.22
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.