What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development - as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands-Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner's Digital Markets business is looking for a Technology VP to lead our Software Advice engineering team. This VP will be responsible for establishing Software Advice's technical vision and leading all aspects of technology development. In addition, they will manage a team of technology professionals focused on delivering best in class buyer experience on softwareadvice.com as well as supporting all back-end tools, systems, and processes.
* Lead, manage and develop the Software Advice technology team
* Establish the long-term technical vision and strategy for the growth of the business which maximizes the value generated by our technology investments (both people and tools)
* Select and deploy technologies to support the growth of Software Advice and GDM (e.g. infrastructure, A/B testing tools, BI, marketing automation)
* Implement a technology development methodology that enables Software Advice's growth and allows teams to deliver business value faster
* Work collaboratively with SA and GDM leadership to ensure all aspects of the business are considered and all activities align with GDM goals and objectives
* Facilitate financial planning, budgeting and procurement activities
* Build technology infrastructure that enables Software Advice to scale rapidly
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical engineering field
* 15+ years overall technical experience to include: Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams. Minimum 5 years of software engineering experience
* In-depth understanding of technological architecture, and broad knowledge of wide variety of technology platforms, tools and languages. Ability to provide thought leadership
* Required core capabilities include all aspects of building software systems, applications and supporting system infrastructure
* Prior success in leading complex technology development, managing priorities and concept-to-implementation execution, and delivering market-leading technology solutions
* Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with proven experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc.
* Ability to attract talent, inspire change in the organization, and develop the next generation of leaders
* Ability to influence by building trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
Job Requisition ID:36311
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.