Job Description - should include job duties and any special requirements (lifting, etc):
If you want career growth, to use cutting edge technologies, competitive benefits such as retirement savings program in addition to 401k matching, end of year paid holiday shutdown, and flexible work schedules, Raytheon is the company for you.
Put your mark on history today by joining Raytheon, and becoming part of "one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place"! Apply Today!
The Multi-disciplined Systems Administrator position is part of a larger IT program support team supporting multiple program IT infrastructures. The Multi-disciplined Systems Administrator is responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT system hardware and software on all aspects of the Windows, VMWare and Linux infrastructure.
Although the Multi-disciplined Systems Administrator position is within a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well on his or her own with only general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized. The candidate would be expected to lead and participate on projects focused on the smooth transition to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle. The Multi-disciplined Systems Administrator candidate will need to have experience in solving technical solutions to a wide range of complex issues.
* Active Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain a TS
* Minimum of 6 years system administration experience in Windows, Linux and VMWare environments supporting business critical systems on server and desktop operating systems (Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 10, vSphere/ESXi, RedHat)
* Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting most aspects of ESXi and vCenter.
* Experience providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
* Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Windows and Linux systems and capabilities, including patching and Active Directory management
* Strong knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, CIFS, print services, and Windows system security
* Automation via scripting (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Perl, Chef, Puppet)
* Strong communication and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* Familiarity with SAN storage equipment, such as NetApp, to include file replication, file system tuning, upgrading and configuration
* Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies
* Experience in supporting thin clients and desktop virtualization (VDI) for end-user access to engineering and office applications
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange environments
* Knowledge of security controls for classified systems (NISPOM, DAAPM, JSIG, etc)
* Security+ certification
* Active TS clearance
Minimum Education Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 6 years of relevant experience
143015 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.