Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
PayPal's P2P team is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help architect, develop, and test the PayPal Android Consumer App.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal's P2P team is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help architect, develop, and test the PayPal Android Consumer App. The perfect candidate will demonstrate thought leadership, great execution skills and a passion for delivering superior user experiences. You have an in-depth knowledge of the Android platform, you love coding, and you are proud of delivering high quality innovative Android applications. You have an established track record breaking down complex problems into smaller, composable parts. You are able to clearly communicate complex software architecture to project stakeholders and product owners. You drive the quality up and the risk down. You are an expert at applying platform features and best practices and sharing that knowledge to help the team grow. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
At PayPal, we work together on small, collaborative teams. We're passionate about code quality and we're constantly - some might say, obsessively - finding new ways to perfect our processes and product. We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers' problems. And we meet with our customers every week to make sure we're giving them the app they expect and the experiences they deserve. But it doesn't stop there. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published in an update to the App Store at least once every 3 weeks.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Leads native Android app development by converting ideas, designs, and requirements into concrete, stable production builds
* Designs and oversees solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements
* Communicate with peers, engineering management, Android developers on a daily basis. You will be able to influence decision makers and peers to take bold decisions and improve our Android applications, tools and processes always better over time
* Mentor developers and make our teams grow over time not only in the immediate team, but across PayPal
* Works with product, project, and engineering teams to deliver products on schedule that solve our customers' problems
* Collaborates with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs
* Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team
Required Technical Skills
* 6+ years of software development experience with 3+ years of Android experience
* Knowledge of multi-threaded, asynchronous code
* Experience with animation, and implementing user interface designs
* Knowledge of design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
* Skilled at writing Unit and Automation tests
* B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science
Desired Technical Skills
* Thorough understanding of the Android Studio and Gradle
* Expert understanding of the Android System APIs, Firebase Services, Android app lifecycle
* Knowledge of open-source and commercial libraries commonly used in the Android ecosystem
Required Soft Skills
* A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
* Interested in keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments
* Comfortable working in an Agile environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Interest in the payments industry
New York, New York, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.