The Xi Cloud DevOps position provides an outstanding breadth developer involvement in both architecting, delivering and operating critical environments in a micro-services architecture on a new cloud platform. If you have a strong base in full stack development with an emphasis on the data layers and micro-services design model then you are a good match. Modules include development for developer on-boarding, deployment dashboards, CICD, production monitoring and tooling. This is working on new product development efforts so most areas are relatively new and getting built from the ground up.
* Design and develop software for a converged computing + storage platform for the software defined data center.
* Support On-boarding new customers, keep existing services running to requirements, and tackle needed DevOps flaws.
* Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
* Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
* Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a dynamic environment.
* Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Python, Go, or Java, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
* Understanding on React and basic UI elements is a plus.
* Understanding of, to experience with Docker, Kubernetes and telemetry platforms - AWS based a plus
* Good understanding of Linux, and specifically how Linux and open source projects support Kubernetes and Cloud
* Experience working with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
* Familiarity with Linux OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
* Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management.
* 6+ years of programming or combined DevOps / programming experience preferred
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree OR Masters in Computer Science or related field required.
Nutanix is a provider of an enterprise cloud platform that unifies private, public, and distributed clouds, and empowers IT to deliver applications and data that power their businesses.