Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We're the world's leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow passengers access to live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more!
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in embedded software development to join a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux or Windows OS to power our latest products.
* Design, implement, integrate and verify software applications and tools using C\C++ under Linux and Windows OS.
* Enhance, optimize and improve efficiency and robustness of the current software.
* Participate in requirements analysis, architecture and design processes
* Collaborate with multiple development teams
* Review, evaluate and analyze test plans and procedures
* Support system test programs, analyze results and improve overall system quality
* Participate in a complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies.
* Strong proven experience in C\C++ programming languages
* Deep knowledge and experience in real time multi-threaded embedded software.
* Proven experience in development under Linux.
* Proven experience in socket programing, IPC and PUB/SUB architecture.
* Deep understanding of the basic networking protocols TCP/UDP/IP and familiarity with VLANs and basic switching and routing concepts.
* Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, context switches and make efficient use of shared resources.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centered, iterative design and development process
* Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including clear and concise written and verbal skills
* Knowledge of latest and greatest C++14/17 and later
* Experience in C\C++ programming under Windows including GUI
* Understanding of advanced networking protocols HTTP/SNMP/DHCP/DNS
* Familiarity with satellite networks, antenna systems and related communication protocols
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electrical Engineering with 5 years of proven experience
* Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
REQ: REQ-111183 Engineering
* Lake Forest, CA, United States