The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross workload technologies. We accelerate our customers' digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow. The MTC in Chicago is looking for individuals that can help customers move to modern Data and AI solutions.
* 7+ years experience as a solutions architect (or equivalent) in the area of data transformation, warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, analysis, etc.
* 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
* Solid background in Machine Learning including Deep learning. One or more of AI domains: Computer vision, NLP, intelligent agents
* Proficiency in architecting data migration scenarios including hybrid and pure cloud data solutions.
* Practical experience in one or more of the following: R or Python, Ski-kit, Microsoft ML Server, Azure ML, Spark ML, Cognitive Services, Bot Framework, Cognitive Toolkit, Tensorflow, MXNET
* Ability to create actionable business insights and visualization by using large data sets and leveraging Microsoft Business Intelligence capabilities, including in-depth, hands-on knowledge of warehouse architecture, analytics, reporting tools, and SQL operational expertise.
* Experience in using software development skills using both Microsoft tools and Open Source platforms.
* High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions.
* Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, networking and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards
* Understanding of Data/IoT related Azure services including emerging computing trends such as Machine Learning and Cognitive Services.
* Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
* Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
* Have a commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers, strong listening, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive team environment.
* Be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an MTC Technical Architect, you will:
Inspire CxOs and Technical and Business Decision Makers on what they could achieve by using the right set of innovative technology
* You will lead technical briefings, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
* Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Azure Cloud with specific emphasis on the data services including Databases, Analytics, AI + Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Business Intelligence.
* Accelerate the customer's digital transformation journey using Microsoft Big Data, Advanced Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform.
* Serve as the as the go-to technical expert in the business applications space for the regional sales teams.
* Deliver speaking engagements evangelizing the Microsoft Cloud Data platform in business and technology conferences.
* Collaborate with the US and worldwide MTC community to drive industry specific scenarios that deliver business value.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.