The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross workload technologies. We accelerate our customers' digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow. The MTC in Chicago is looking for individuals that can help customers move to agile, cloud-based solutions powered by Azure.
Technical Solution Leader
* Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions.
* Technical Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards.
* Technical depth. Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
* Scalable architectures using serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
* Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps*, Chef, Puppet).
* Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft's (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners
* Excellent Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills.
* Market Maker. Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and or boards.
* Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
* Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
* Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others' benefit.
* 7+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred
* 5+ years software development experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
* Certification in two or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services*, Chef, Puppet) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an MTC Technical Architect, you will:
Inspire CxOs and Technical and Business Decision Makers on what they could achieve by using the right set of innovative technology
* You will lead technical briefings, hackathons, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
* You will clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Azure sales and customer usage.
* Explain abstract technical concepts of the platform in a business value context.
* You will help win over the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
* You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
Influence strategic deals through the delivery of high-impact MTC experiences
* Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft's products and services can do and how to enable and manage them for our strategic and enterprise customers.
* Help address outstanding technical issues and to drive the customer's solution and the sales opportunity toward a successful conclusion.
* Influence technical decision within opportunities to accelerate the win of complex solutions on our Platform integrated in the environment of the customer
* Translate the customer's business requirements into differentiating solutions based on Microsoft devices-and-services.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with virtual account team members and other MTC's, serving as the subject-matter expert (SME) within these teams and assigned geography.
You will stay sharp and share your knowledge.
* We encourage all employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, and competitive readiness.
* Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain.
* You will be recognized for exceeding standards of technical and competitive readiness and sharing your knowledge both within Microsoft and among our partners and customers.
* You will be a Subject Matter Expert for Azure Development.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.