Are you motivated with solving complex business and technical problems? Are you passionate about the promise of the cloud? Are you excited about the latest trends in data analysis enabled by cloud computing? The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) organization in the US is looking for individuals that can help customers move to agile, cloud-based solutions that are powered by the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform. This regional role will be one of the senior technical leaders in the Microsoft field helping accelerate our customers move to modernize their data estates.
You will win the hearts and minds of Microsoft's largest and most strategic customers by translating abstract technical data concepts to business value, and walking through the solution sales process, from discovery to solution design. As a technical leader you will help influence the future road-map for the Microsoft Azure Cloud data platform and play an important part in maximizing Microsoft's long-term vision for empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
You will work in Microsoft's state-of-the-art facility where you will showcase the latest Microsoft technologies and lead customers through Strategy Briefings, Architecture Design Sessions, Proof of Concepts, Workshops, and Hackathons.
* 4+ years' experience as a solutions architect (or equivalent) in the area of data transformation, warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, analysis, etc.
* Deep understanding of relational database concepts such as concurrency, scalability, high availability, security and performance tuning
* Proficiency in architecting data migration scenarios including hybrid and pure cloud data solutions.
* Deep practical, hands-on experience in one or more of the following: MPP Data platforms, Big Data solutions, Spark, NOSQL solutions
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new data technologies and learn quickly to enable migrating or transforming legacy customer solution to cloud-based platform as a service
* Ability to create actionable business insights and visualization by using large data sets and leveraging Microsoft Business Intelligence capabilities, including in-depth, hands-on knowledge of warehouse architecture, analytics, reporting tools, and SQL operational expertise.
* Experience in using software development skills using both Microsoft tools and Open Source platforms.
* High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions.
* Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, networking and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards
* Understanding of Data/IoT related Azure services including emerging computing trends such as Machine Learning and Cognitive Services.
* Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
* Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
* Have a commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers, strong listening, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive team environment.
* Be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Azure Cloud with specific emphasis on data services including Databases, Data Lakes, Analytics, AI + Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Business Intelligence.
* Understand the customer's overall data estate, IT/business priorities and success measures to design cloud-based data architectures that meet the customer's needs
* Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modern data architecture for the customer that provides increased agility in meeting the demands of their business.
* Ensure technical viability of new projects and work with the customer to ensure successful deployments enabling them to realize the value of their data modernization efforts.
* Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
* Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
* Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
* Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
* Accelerate the customer's digital transformation journey using Microsoft Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL DW, Cosmos DB, Big Data, and Advanced Analytics platforms.
* Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value through Architecture Design Sessions, Workshops, and Proof of Concepts.
* Propose and validate solution architecture and transfer knowledge on best practices to Data Engineers, Architects and App Dev Leads.
* Serve as the as a go-to technical expert in the data modernization space for the regional sales teams.
* Deliver speaking engagements evangelizing the Microsoft Cloud Data platform in business and technology conferences.
* Collaborate with the US and worldwide MTC community to drive industry specific scenarios that deliver business value.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.