We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next. Job Description
About the Role
We're looking for Engineers who are interested in creating decision making software for autonomous vehicles.
Come join our growing team and help us build dynamic, high-fidelity, control and decision making algorithms for our self-driving cars and trucks. Motion planning background i s not required - we are also interested in people passionate about the craft of code, problem solving for physical systems, and analytical thinking.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Using real-world data gathered from over 3 million miles of autonomously driven roads, you will apply your knowledge of motion planning to help shape the behaviors of our self-driving uber.
* How do I execute a lane change? How do I safely pickup and drop off a customer? How do I behave when merging with other traffic?
What You'll Need
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related discipline
* Excellent C++ skills in a Linux or other Unix environment
* Proven ability to think analytically
* Experience with one or more of the following: motion planning, controls, perception, prediction, mapping, localization, performance evaluation for robotic systems
* Experience with programming for physical systems.
* Background involving optimization, physics, and/or computational simulation.
* Experience with scripting languages (preferably python)
About the Team
Motion planning is the brain of an autonomous driving system. It handles the reasoning for driving behaviors and is one of our core challenges for making a self driving system a reality. The team generates safe, comfortable and efficient plans for vehicle motion at Uber ATG.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.