About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More about the Job:
Each Monitoring and Support Specialist serves as the point of contact supporting the Grubhub Ultimate platform for merchants and internal teams. This role will provide the opportunity to learn and own specialty areas, expand your knowledge and responsibilities, work on projects across various departments within the organization, grow within our team and organization, and influence the optimization of our processes, all while helping customers and working with a tight-knit team.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
* Focus on excellent customer service while troubleshooting and solving issues, and explaining our platform
* Proactively monitor our Ultimate restaurants for issues, and reach out to proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed
* Provide technical and customer support in English, via phone and tickets/emails
* Collaborate to identify and implement solutions to technical requests from merchants, escalating issues when necessary
* Accurately document requests while adhering to Support protocols
* Validate and translate user and merchant requests into feedback for the platform
* Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the product
* Participate in the support team on-call rotation for mornings (from 8am) and nights (until 11pm) to provide support and improve response time outside of normal business hours
You Should Have
* Experience in customer service, foodservice, tech support, or another role that honed great people skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, in English, with the ability to tailor messages
* Flexibility and adaptability like 'whoa'; day-to-day tasks will change quickly
* Radiate awesomeness at all times: show a positive attitude and confidence, be team-oriented, have a sense of humor
* Desire to know everything about everything all of the time
* Love solving problems and helping people walk away happy
* Knowledge and interest in mobile apps and/or payments
* Experience working in a startup environment and/or helping run a restaurant
* Extensive appreciation for donuts, .GIFs, and/or banter
And Of Course, Perks!
* Flexible PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* PTO. It's true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.