Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Section Manager to lead a team of modeling and simulation professionals. The Section Manager will perform day-to-day management of a group of multi-disciplinary system engineers in support of multiple programs.
This team is composed of Distributed Simulation and Simulation Visualization engineers who support multiple Virtual Environment Development and Operation efforts. This team is responsible for content creation, runtime development and analytical solutions in a modeling and simulation environment used to identify technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios. Candidate will ensure that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement. Management duties include performance development and appraisal, salary planning, manpower planning, career coaching, and ensuring adherence to company policies. Candidates will contribute to the technical oversight of employees, monitor program execution, and provide distributed simulation and simulation visualization subject matter expertise in direct support of program efforts and proposal activities.
* Minimum of 10 years systems engineering experience
* Familiar with simulation interoperability standards (DIS, HLA, TENA, CIGI)
* Ability and strong desire to facilitate career growth and knowledge transfer
* Experience in empowering employees, leading and motivating teams, and fostering collaboration
* Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
* Experience authoring/designing 3D Synthetic Environments (including sensor support)
* Human Machine Interface development (OpenGL, VAPS XT, Qt, etc.)
* C/C++ programming languages and software development experience
* Interprocess and Interface Communications (IPC: sockets, shared memory, etc)
* Ability to debug software models to understand functionality and diagnose problems
* Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into an executable plan
* Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Domain knowledge in sensor systems to include: RF, EO/IR, SIGINT Systems
* Coordinate System transformations and Line-of-Sight/Gimbal mathematics
* Understanding of different Projection Systems such as FlatEarth, Geocentric/ECEF, etc.
* Proficiency in both Windows and Linux Environments.
* Streaming Video formats and tooling
* Solution/System Analysis processes such as Design of Experiments, Analysis of Alternatives, Statistical Processes, Optimization, and Root Cause Analysis
* Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
* Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
* Military sensor experience (Radar, EO/IR, SONAR, etc.)
* Configuration Management systems - GIT, Subversion
* Open System Architecture (OMS, FACE)
* Java and/or Ada programming
* Experience with M&S tools such as MATLAB, Systems Toolkit, AFSIM, MODTRAN Atmospheric Model, and SIMDIS
* BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
* MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
138627 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.