The Mocap TD is responsible for ensuring consistency and quality across all motion capture projects. You would be a key component of the mocap process. Top-level creative problem-solving is a must.
* Run and organize larger, more comprehensive motion capture shoots for a number of exciting upcoming feature films requiring motion capture and virtual production.
* Cleaning motions from our motion-capture system and re-targeting them onto a variety of different creatures for use in previs and layout stages of production.
* Oversee and support motion capture pipeline in all stages, providing insight to the production, supervisors, and other departments as necessary.
* Work closely with our rigging team, providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of developing our setup, rigs, and tool functionality.
* Support the team with technical and creative problems.
* Equipment upkeep and maintenance.
* Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration of motion capture equipment.
* Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place.
* Ability to deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Ability to communicate effectively with leads as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
* Help improve & develop the motion capture pipeline and workflows within the company.
* Run virtual production shoots using a mix of technologies including: virtual camera, simulcam, motion capture (body and face), and virtual reality.
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
* 3+ years working in motion capture on a stage.
* Ability to track and solve data.
* MotionBuilder experience essential.
* Experience with Blade, particularly scripting in Blade, advantageous.
* Facial capture experience advantageous.
* Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games.
* Intermediate to advanced-level user of Maya or similar 3D package is a bonus.
* Mel and/or Python scripting ability is desirable, particularly within MotionBuilder & Blade.
* Good eye for realistic movement, behavior, and layout, both in individuals and crowds/groups.
* Good computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful.
* Experience with the setup & calibration of optical motion capture equipment essential.
* Experience with virtual reality equipment (HTC Vive/Oculus Rift).
* Experience with Unity and/or Unreal game engines as a user or developer.
* Experience with in-scene camera work.
* Self-motivated problem solver.