Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot's Software Engineering is looking for an exceptional leader to join our team. You'll be a key contributor to iRobot's talented and exciting Digital products program. You'll get to work on inventive software products that provide our customers with rich and convenient ways to interact with our family of consumer robots. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the effective interplay on multi-disciplinary teams to deliver new product capabilities.
As manager of the Mobile software team you will utilize your strong engineering management skills and technical competency, and lead development in an Agile environment to successfully iterate and achieve key product goals. You'll foster collaboration across technology teams in IoT connectivity, cloud, data analytics, as well as robotics, contributing to next-generation iRobot products and Digital features. Software innovation at iRobot will surprise you.
* Manage the incredible group of engineers behind the top-rated iRobot Home mobile app, used by millions of people worldwide
* Drive mobile app technical foundation to enable organizational scale, modularity, and speed for code base comprised of common C++ core with native iOS and Android UI
* Functionally manage resources whose tasks are driven by independent feature / scrum teams and integration of these multiple work streams into a common app release train
* Build and maintain highly collaborative relationships with contributors to cross-functional initiatives including product managers, UX designers, QA, and related software disciplines
* As a functional manager and technical owner, ensure that decisions are sound, risks are anticipated and mitigated, and resources are effectively utilized to achieve objectives
* Engineer solutions that combine IoT connectivity, mobile, and cloud technologies for a secure, reliable, performant, highly-available experience for end users
* Deliver user experiences that are dynamic and adapt to user needs based on insights derived from large scale data analytics
* Set technical direction and drive developer productivity through best in class software engineering practices, including focus on continuous integration and test automation
* Attract and retain top talent to build a world class software function with the flexibility to meet evolving needs of the organization
* Ensure programs of record are delivered on schedule with acceptable level of quality; multitask and handle multiple concurrent releases in-process at the same time.
* Demonstrated ability to recruit, grow, and manage technical teams, including performance appraisal and career development.
* At least 5 years leading development of native iOS or Android commercial applications
* Track record leading teams in a fully Agile product discovery and delivery environment
* At least 10 years hands-on software development experience; preferably focused on networked mobile applications
* Exceptional coding skills in at least one of C++, Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Graduate degree in related field or MBA
* Experience directing offshore developers and integrating them into a main onsite team
* Industry experience in consumer electronics, mobile devices, or robotics.
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.