Mobile Software Engineer
Position: Full time
Location: Carlsbad office
NTENT provides a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allowing industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings. NTENT utilizes a machine learning algorithmic approach to comprehend massive amounts of information across the web. Through the company's proprietary search engine, ontology and knowledge graph, NTENT makes it easier to decipher meaning, surfacing the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
We are a unique group of brilliant minds intent on discovering, learning and building. We work in a vibrant atmosphere, with an emphasis on personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
About the Opportunity:
We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our team in Carlsbad, California.
We are looking for a talented Mobile Software Engineer to join our Mobile team to deliver world class embedded frameworks, libraries, and technologies to our mobile search platform. You will be working with a small focused team of Mobile Software Engineers to architect, design, and develop specialized mobile services to NTENT's powerful AI semantic search engine ecosystem, leveraging your experience in mobile browser technology, search technology, mobile sensing deep learning technologies, and mobile security.
* Strong working knowledge of designing highly scalable, low latency, Software as a Service (SaaS) for mobile client applications, RESTful APIs, and JSON/XML.
* 5+years with Android Operating System, specifically designing framework services, remote intra-app IPC, asynchronous messaging/notification mechanisms.
* Experience with Android Libraries and working knowledge of C and C++ as applicable to JNI and embedded C/C++ for Android
* 5+years with Java
Additional Qualifications (nice to have):
* Hands on experience with open-source browser technologies, including but not limited to Chromium or Mozilla Firefox
* Experience with mobile client app security related to isolated processes, restricted permissions.
* Working knowledge of Android Studio
* Proficiency with the build and deployment of Android applications to Google Play Store
* Familiarity with git and JIRA/Confluence to manage software
* Agile methodologies
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.