Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things - first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
What we're looking for:
You're an upbeat, creative, fun loving Senior iOS engineer looking for an opportunity in an exciting, fast paced, growing startup. You have a deep understanding of Swift. You like working on a team, but are also excellent at working on your own. You're a self-motivated developer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of solving complex problems.
What you'll do:
Work with product and design teams to bring new features and experiences to our customers. Design, build, test and deploy new features in Swift across Starry's customer facing mobile app and internal tools. Strong understanding of user interfaces. Love to develop creative and efficient solutions for problems.
* 2 years of practical experience developing iOS applications
* 4 years of practical experience in software development
* Proficiency with the Swift programming language
* Proficiency with the common iOS frameworks Foundation, Core Data, and UIKit
* Extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices
Bonus points if...
* 5 years of practical experience developing iOS applications in Swift
* Swift 4
* Designed, built, and shipped apps as lead/sole developer
* Experience with networking technologies
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
* Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
* Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
* Secure bike storage in the building
* Private shower facilities in our office
* Free gym in the building
* Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.