What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
We are looking for Mobile Developer to join the Verizon System of Engagement Team.
* Design and implement new user-facing features in Verizon's large, complex mobile ecommerce application that our customers use every day.
* Optimize mobile applications on the iOS and Android platform.
* Develop prototypes quickly.
* Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence, and cutting-edge network protocols.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java and Android.
* Experience in Android SDK.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with Kotlin.
* Experience with Android libraries such as Dagger, Event bus and Volley.
* Experience with Constraints layouts an Android Jetpack.
* Knowledge of Objective C and Swift.
* Experience with Android's testing tools and judgment to write concise, effective unit tests.
* Knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.