Touchlab is looking for a Mobile Developer to join our engineering team. From things that change the world (like tracking deforestation) to things that make you laugh (like ordering pizza from your shoes), you will ensure the success of an array of applications and open source projects. Visit our website for more examples of our work.
We have embraced multiplatform development with Kotlin for iOS and Android and as one of the first teams to adopt Kotlin Multiplatform we have the opportunity to shape this new tech and it's best practices. If community contribution is your thing we have the network and experience to support open source contributions, blog posts, and speaking at conferences and meetups.
In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Touchlab also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) in our office.
What you will be doing
* Build quality applications based on product requirements
* Experiment, learn, and coach others in Multiplatform strategies
* Bring design mock-ups to life and create attractive UI's
* Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
* Improve our process in weekly retrospectives
* Professional Android development experience. Open source contributions and individual projects will be considered as well (not school projects)
* Comfortable with both Kotlin and Java
* Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
* Interest in Kotlin Multiplatform development
* iOS and XCode familiarity
* IoT experience
* 2+ years of mobile development experience
* Experience mentoring/coaching other developers
* Ability to communicate mobile development concepts to stakeholders
* Comfortable working with Agile teams
In addition to fair, negotiable salaries, Touchlab team members receive a complete benefits package. Our flexible hours, remote work, and work from home policies ensure everyone can prioritize family life. 401k, Health, and Life insurance plans provide options for financial security.
Regular team activities include weekly team lunches, daily stretch groups, and occasional after-work events. Our office building also includes weekly yoga classes, happy hours, and an in-house hair salon.
Who we are
For almost a decade, Touchlab has been on the leading edge of mobile product development. Today that means helping our clients build products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We advise on mobile "next" practices and develop mobile apps for iOS, Android and Kotlin Multiplatform as a Google Certified Agency™.
We give our team members the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open source endeavors. Our team has built software that's changed the way medical research gets done, enabled Ugandans to protect their forests, improved the way New Yorkers interact with their city and allowed NBA players to order pizza from Bluetooth-enabled sneakers.
We're heavily involved in sorting out the future of multiplatform development, including work with Kotlin/Native. Check out our blog to learn more.