The Tjx Companies, Inc.
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
As a member of the Mobile Delivery Team, you will engage in all aspects of the mobile environment from backend API services, integration with 3rd party software, and Xamarin Mobile development framework on iOS and Android.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Responsible for the ongoing development and support efforts our mobile applications and supporting backend services. The person should have strong skills in; C# .Net, Xamarin, database design, API design, experience with IaaS, PaaS, and MBaaS. The SDII will primarily design and code solutions for our mobile environment.
* Performs programming, COTS configuration, code analysis, debugging and review, and develops and executes unit/integration tests, all at a high level of complexity.
* Creates and reviews Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of high level of complexity.
* Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Detailed Technical Specifications.
* Consults on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity.
* Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of medium to high level of complexity
* Acts in Development Lead capacity for medium to high initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues. Reports status to Project management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
* Leads Solution Development process definitions, and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
* Actively participates in new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
* Actively participates in defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
* Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
* Actively participates in evaluation of 3rd party engagement need and in SOW creation and review process.
* Works with the Systems Development Life Cycle and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company
* Authorized to approve Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity
* Responsible for most technical decisions within assigned scope.
* Authorized to approve detailed technical specs, system documentation
* Review QA Strategy
* .Net C# application development experience
* Experience developing mobile applications
* Xamarin Mobile Framework (Forms, and native)
* Database design (MS SQL, MySQL and DocumentDB)
Consider the following a plus:
* Experience using MBaaS
* MS Azure experience
* Certified PMP or Scrum master
* UI design experience
* Akamai experience
* Dynatrace experience
* Rackspace PaaS experience
* Azure web site development experience
* Xamarin TestCloud
* Mobile app analytics
* Mobile Native Client development experience
* Web Site Responsive Design experience
* Web site and/or mobile app ADA compliance experience
6-8 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Application Developer, Merchandising, Developer, Fashion Retail, Apparel, Technology, Retail, Fashion
About The Tjx Companies, Inc.
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.