What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology professionals thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees, where you can continue your career as a Systems Engineer in a challenging and collaborative workplace, one in which you will be inspired to innovate in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
You will work in McLean, VA, on cutting-edge technology for RAST, which develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance that protect your family, your nation and enhance global security. Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care,401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
Our team has a need for a Missions Engineer who is inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make decisions and generate ideas that will push products above and beyond. You will guide and oversee the design, build, test and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications for the U.S. intelligence community.
We are currently seeking Mission Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and Raytheon management as necessary.
* Minimum of 8 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering including experience with design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
* Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
* Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
* Experience with Systems Integration, test execution, and test results documentation
* Experience problem solving and debugging
* Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
* Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
* Ability to work weekends and nights periodically to support integration and testing efforts
* Existing Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance (or Active within the last 24 months)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Experience with RF, Optics, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
* Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
* Experience developing high speed processing hardware or complex control software
* Experience developing training courses and training others
* Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals.
* Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
* Experience generating of test scripts to automate integration
* Experience in scoping
* Experience formalizing, developing and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work.
* Experience developing system level designs, high level control and data interfaces
* Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
* Existing Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with Poly (or Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education: Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
Desired Education: Masters of Science (MS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.