SFX is seeking a highly motivated Mission Planning Operator to provide support to the SFX ground system located in Springfield, VA.
Raytheon is developing, operating, and sustaining the SFX Ground System (GS), which includes the Command and Control Element (C2E), the Mission Planning Element (MPE), and the Ground Processing Element (GPE). The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and scheduling various ground and satellite activities within the SFX GS. The Mission Planning Operator position is staffed during normal business hours. However, the ability to be on call (after hours or weekends) is required when necessary. The Mission Planning Operator will be responsible for understanding the entire system, to include Space/Ground links, Ground Station support equipment, data transport systems, Mission Planning software, hardware and architecture, and other internal and external interfaces.
The Mission Planning Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Define scheduling tasks used to allocate system resources
2) Execute the Raytheon Equinox and VTK scheduling software to perform manual resource allocation and de-confliction
3) Determine & schedule contacts with the ground terminal using vendor (ViaSat) provided software
4) Configure crypto equipment using vendor provided software
5) Support ground hardware and software upgrades and lifecycle management
6) Support ground hardware and software upgrade testing
7) Distribute the completed, validated schedule and work with the Command and Control Operator to ensure command generation is successful
8) Receive and process Mission Task Requests from a Demonstration Working Group (DWG), as well as the customer
9) Cross-train as a command and control (C2) operator, and perform in both positions--mission planning and C2 operator
10) Interact with site personnel, vehicle provider, and customer
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. An active TS/SCI SSBI security clearance and U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Must have knowledge or experience performing satellite mission support in a near real-time operations environment * Must have experience monitoring satellite activities * Must have excellent communication skills * Must be able to perform work in near real-time decision-making environment * Must be able to adapt to change on short notice * Must be able to work in a small team environment * Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure * Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors on a computer monitor (red, blue, white and green), especially the color red, in order to react to alarm messages on a color display * Must be available to work overtime with short notice and fill in for other crew members as required * Must be able to be on call (after hours or weekends) when necessary * Must be able to cross-train as a command and control operator as needed to ensure mission success
* 4 years of Mission Planner/Scheduler or related experience * Proficiency with Orbital Dynamics. Strong interest in Satellites and Space Operations, Environmental Science, and Remote Sensing * Proficiency with Java, C++, C, Perl or other programming/scripting language * Proficiency with network (LAN/WAN) architecture, protocols and equipment * Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating system * Proficiency with mathematical modeling algorithms * Experience with ECLIPSE ™, EQUINOX ™, ESC ™ or similar C3S procedure development application * Experience with a Satellite ground system
* Inside the Continental United States for training as required.
* Normal work hours are between 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday * On-call (after hours or on weekends) in the event of a spacecraft anomaly
Bachelor of Science Degree in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, Space Operations, Computer Technology, Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering, plus at least six years professional experience, OR at least 14 years professional experience in lieu of a bachelor degree.
140608BR 140608 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.