Provide technical support for Point of Sale Hardware, PC Hardware, PC Software, LAN Equipment, Phone Equipment, and WAN Communications Equipment for all locations. Provide minor PBX and phone set related support at Stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for designing a standardized end-points solutions for our store and corporate users * Responsible for creating custom OS image using Dell KACE, Packaging of Business Line Applications to support Windows 10, Enterprise Rollout of Security and Productivity Software automation using DELL KACE and GPOs, hardware platform evaluation and configuration. * Provides customer support through research and materials * Troubleshoots and diagnoses POS, PC, Printer and wireless hardware related problems to determine cause of malfunctions and take appropriate action to resolve those malfunctions * Consults clients, vendors, and other Information Services personnel to resolve operational and technical issues * Provides on-site support when necessary; may require travel on short notice * Completes the installation and set up of PC equipment using distribution software or site visits * Provides after hours and weekend support on a rotating schedule * Provides technical input for required technical information and updates * Utilizes Help Desk software tools to track and document assigned tickets * Prioritizes and responds to helpdesk tickets per department requirements * Communicates with all customers on expected resolution time frames * Creates and maintains the Dell KACE packages, collections, reports, and inventory of software packages included in the creation of base desktop configurations * Integrates packages and software deployments into Dell KACE distributions * Develops, maintains and enhances standardized Windows Desktop builds (imaging), application packaging, and endpoint rollout processes. Works with management to improve processes and procedures in this area * Create, test, release and support new windows 7 and 10 standardized builds * Exhibits expertise in Deploying OS and application updates, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Windows Operating Systems * Analyzes and resolves desktop system and application problems * Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position * Attends and participates in all department meetings and company-sponsored management programs as required
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Computer Sciences; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience * Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization * Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs * Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations * Minimum of 2 years experience with Dell KACE or SCCM required * Solid knowledge of desktop imaging and Deployment tools * Minimum 2 years system automation/configuration scripting and PowerShell with knowledge of other programming languages (VB/VBS, Python, etc.) * Strong understanding of Active Directory infrastructure and Group Policy Objects * Experience with end point security best practices preferred
* Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management * Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs * Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs * This position will provide on call support for after hours service on a rotating basis and adhere to the McCoy on call coverage guidelines
* This position requires occasional travel with overnight stays * Must meet driver's license requirements as required by the Company * Must be able to legally obtain a rental vehicle in all states in which the company does business * Must have current auto liability insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise leve
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.