Management Information System Specialist provides end users with information by designing methods to collect and retrieve data; maximizes computer system capabilities by studying technical applications and making recommendations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Identifies end user requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual end users and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
2. Collects data by identifying sources of information; designing survey and collection methods.
3. Organizes information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data.
4. Resolves retrieval problems by altering design to meet requirements.
5. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
6. Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
7. Maintains database by entering data.
* Bachelor's degree in Management Information or Computer Information or related field or equivalent experience. * Bilingual in Korean & English preferred * Ability to retain a broad knowledge of tasks performed in the MIS functions. * Present a professional image in dealing with customers, interdepartmental, and external representatives. * Technical Understanding, Process Improvement, Data Processing, Reporting Research Results, Networking Knowledge, Presenting Technical Information, Written Communication, Operating Systems, Reporting Skills, End user Relationships, Documentation Skills * Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone. * Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or customer complaints. * Good analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. * Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. * Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing, spreadsheet software applications, and e-mail.