Migration Architect (MA) will focus on working with Solutions Architects to define the migration architecture and strategy, mapped to specific client business requirements. The MA will utilize proven consulting skills to deliver design and engineering services with a specific focus on the migration, ensure the IT solutions are aligned effectively with client's direction and posture while acting as a subject matter expert. The MA will utilize modern processes, technologies and industry standards to promote confidentiality, integrity and availability of clients' information assets.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to consistently show proficiency with the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required.
* Ability to define and deliver assessment analysis of customer application portfolio. This includes participating in discovery tool selection, implementation, and execution, evaluating completeness and accuracy of customer-provided data, identifying and mapping application dependencies, defining migration groups, defining migration strategy for each server and application in the portfolio, and prioritizing migration sequence based on customer-provided business and technical drivers and understanding any performance requirements or latency issues.
* Provide strong expertise in application migration architecture support with knowledge and experience developing, architecting, implementing, or supporting complex enterprise applications.
* Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for assessment and migration projects of all sizes.
* Experience with migrating application workloads to both private and public cloud computing architecture (Microsoft Azure, and AWS).
* Analyze business, technical, and application requirements to determine migration requirements, identify potential issues, and perform cost analysis related to each project.
* Ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a proposed solution.
* Responsible for detailing migration requirements and generating technical specifications for all systems within the assigned applications.
* Produce migration strategy and planning documents to effectively hand over to implementation teams for successful implementation.
* Document and speak to risks, mitigation, and alternatives.
* Document the architecture and migration decisions related to the client's applications.
* Work with Solution Architects to ensure that solutions to be implemented can be translated into tasks to be provided to delivery teams.
* Deliver "hands-on" migration expertise in support of the client's environment.
* Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies that will enhance Ensono's current and future architecture and business capabilities.
* Investigate new emerging technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments.
Team Development and Leadership:
* Educates, trains, and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes.
* Consistently show the ability to mentor others in the production of all artifacts required of a Migration Architect.
* Mentor and develop other Technology Consultants assigned to the team in best practices, procedures and concepts.
* Reviews program related documentation for team members.
* Partners with other Ensono teams in completing assigned tasks/projects.
* Assists in developing solutions that meet the requirements in large client transformational initiatives.
* Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards, leading practices, and effectively explain the "why."
Education and/or Experience:
* Typically, 10+ years within Information Technology with a concentration on Application Architecture and implementation, leveraging cloud platforms.
* 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study required.
* Advanced degree preferred.
* Experience in a broad range of IT systems required.
Primary Location City/State:
Homebased - Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Ensono is a company providing managed services for mainframe, cloud, and hybrid IT.